1st Workshop on Personalization and Recommender Systems (PeRS'22)
Sofia, Bulgaria, 4 - 7 September, 2022
Recommender Systems are present in our everyday life while we reading news, logging in to social media or buying something at e-shops. Thus, it is not suprising that this domain is getting more and more attention from researchers from academia as well as from industry practitioners. However, the way in which they look at the same problem differs a lot.
Personalization is an important element in novel recommendation techniques. Nonetheless, it is a wider topic that concerns also user modelling and representation, personalized systems, adaptive educational systems or intelligent user interfaces.
The objective of PeRS is to extend the state-of-the-art in Personalization and Recommender Systems by providing a platform at which industry practitioners and academic researchers can meet and learn from each other. We are interested in high quality submissions from both industry and academia on all topics related to Personalization and Recommender Systems.
The list of topics includes, but is not limited to:
- User Profiles
- Ontology-based user models
- Personalized systems
- Intelligent user interfaces
Recommender Systems approaches
- Collaborative Recommender Systems
- Semantic-based Recommender Systems
- Context-aware Recommender Systems
- Cross-domain Recommender Systems
Machine Learning techniques for Recommender Systems
- Association Rules
- Clustering methods
- Neural Networks
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
Applications of Recommender Systems methods
- News recommendations
- Tourism recommendations
- Fashion recommendations
- Podcasts recommendations
- Medical recommendations
- Other domain-specific recommenders
Evaluation of Recommender Systems
- Evaluation studies
- Reproducibility of existing methods
- Case studies of real-world implementations
- Authors should submit draft papers (as Postscript, PDF or MSWord file).
- The total length of a paper should not exceed 10 pages IEEE style (including tables, figures and references). IEEE style templates are available here.
- Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop.
- Preprints containing accepted papers will be published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
- Only papers presented at the conference will be published in Conference Proceedings and submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® database.
- Conference proceedings will be published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers and posted at the conference WWW site.
- Conference proceedings will be submitted for indexation according to information here.
- Organizers reserve right to move accepted papers between FedCSIS events.
The authors of the best paper will be invited to submit an extended version of their work for potential publication in e-Informatica Software Engineering Journal (JCR-indexed).